Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I have a new job

Do you want to come and meet me at my new job? I would love for you to come along and say hello. 

No, I haven't resigned from my usual day job, instead I am starting work for the very fabulous Itty Bitty Book Van! 



This Sunday, October 26 2014,  the van is headed to the gorgeous gardens of the Werribee Mansion for International Children's Week festivities. With thousands expected to hit the lawn to indulge in lots of fun and entertainment, more hands are needed in the van and those hands shall be mine. 


These lawns will be filled with picnics and happy kids and families.


I can't wait. 

It's no secret that I love children's books. We have many hundreds of our own and I have borrowed many more from the library over that last eight years. But there are always more new books to read and share with both little people and with big people who enjoy the illustrations and the craft of a well told story. 

There are so many things to do at the mansion this Sunday. Nearly all of it is free too. 


Will you be there? 

Want me to read you a story? 

Do you love kids books as much as me?


5 comments:

  1. My husband's parents used to run a country music festival at the mansion years ago. We visited there when we went to Melbourne so he could show me. I just showed him the photo and he recognised it instantly. I love the idea of the caravan Clairey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the cutest book shop in the world Pinky. I can't wait.

      Delete
  2. How adorable! I love it! Victoria seems to do so many super-cute things that just don't happen here. I think it's a geographical thing.... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - how did it go? I shall check your Facey page!!! x

      Delete
  3. That is so exciting hun and totally cool. I have a dream of making over a little caravan just like that one and travelling around selling stuff. i have no idea what, just stuff lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Commenting brings amazing luck, you must try it and see how you go!